Thursday, June 11, 2009

house of rock (the breakup)

well, it looks like me and the playhouse are gonna have to break- up for a minute. this morning i woke up to rain and remembered that i needed to cover the wood i had stacked so that it didn't warp. so, off i go with two tarps to do my duty. i arrive to find that some of my wood that i have put up has already warped where i had not yet screwed it in. as for the remainder, one stack of about 12 sheets of wood is leaned up against the wall inside the house and the other outside. inside the house, i begin to pull the stack away just enough to drop the tarp behind and the momentum of the stack gets away from me. the entire stack falls, slams into my leg, scrapes its way down and takes me down with it. before i even knew what happened i was on the ground with a backache, the breath knocked out of me and my leg pinned underneath 12 sheets of 4x8 plywood.

i really wanted to cry but i didn't. instead, i pulled myself together, went to my car for the drill and screws and proceeded to save the work i had done last weekend from further warpage and destruction. even though it's not the playhouse's fault, whereas i usual walk away feeling proud and fulfilled, this morning i walked away hurt and with this-


i just think it's time we took a break, that's all.

1 comment:

jamie said...

poor leg!!! bad playhouse!